#1 Best Selling IGNOU MEG-10 Help-Book & Study-Guide in IGNOU Marketplaces.
Get Good Marks in your MA English Programme in the Term-End Exams even if you are busy in your job or profession.
We've sold over 34,073,803 Help Books and Delivered 40,847,555 Assignments Since 2002.
As our customers will tell you...yes, it really result-oriented.
IGNOU MEG-10 Code Details
IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University)
English Studies in India
Buy MEG-10 Help Book
IGNOU MEG-10 English Topics Covered
Block 1 - Institutionalisation of English Studies in India
- Unit 1 - Entry of English: A Historical Overview
- Unit 2 - Macaulay, Raja Ram Mohun Roy and Charles E Trevelyan
- Unit 3 - A View of Post Independence Debates
- Unit 4 - Settling Down of English as Studies and Medium
Block 2 - Beginnings of Indian English Writing
- Unit 1 - The Context of the Earliest Indian English Writings
- Unit 2 - Henry Louis Vivian Derozio and the Early Voice of Identity
- Unit 3 - Michael Madhusudan Dutt and the Evolution of Modernity
- Unit 4 - Toru Dutt: Assertions of Indian Life
Block 3 - Beginnings of The Indian English Novel
- Unit 1 - The Contexts of Bankim
- Unit 2 - Themes in Rajmohan’s Wife-I
- Unit 3 - Themes in Rajmohan’s Wife-II
- Unit 4 - Marriage and Transgression in Bankim’s Other Novels
Block 4 - Different Englishes
- Unit 1 - Evolution of English
- Unit 2 - Nativisation of English in Post Independent India (Functions of English)
- Unit 3 - Nativisation of English Discourse: Syntax, Morphology, Phonology
- Unit 4 - Intelligibility of Indian English Globally
Block 5 - Problems of Teaching and Learning English Literature
- Unit 1 - Problems of Teaching and Learning English Literature
- Unit 2 - The March of TELI in India
- Unit 3 - Role and Function of TELI in the Contemporary Context
- Unit 4 - English Teaching in India
- Unit 5 - The Lie of the Land: English in India
- Unit 6 - Publishing in India and English Studies
Block 6 - Questioning the ‘Canon’
- Unit 1 - Questioning the Canon, Ideology and Assumptions of the Canon
- Unit 2 - The Rise of English and Issues Concerning the Canon
- Unit 3 - Possibilities of New Agreements
- Unit 4 - Exploding English: Criticism, Theory and Culture
- Unit 5 - The Crisis in English Studies
- Unit 6 - Resistance to Reading and the Question of Material Base
Block 7 - Evolutions of Canons in Indian English Writing
- Unit 1 - Canon Making in the Era of Gandhi, Nehru, Socialism
- Unit 2 - Tagore, Premchand, Mulk Raj Anand and Raja Rao
- Unit 3 - Feminism: Indian English Writers
- Unit 4 - The Dalit Canon
Block 8 - Decolonising The Mind
- Unit 1 - Orientalism and After
- Unit 2 - Literature and Nationalism
- Unit 3 - Decolonising the Mind
- Unit 4 - Civilisational Conflicts in Literature
- Unit 5 - Resisting Colonisation and Re-Colonisation
IGNOU MEG-10 (July 2023 - January 2024) Assignment Questions
1. Do you think Macaulay defends the introduction of English in India? How does he do so? Discuss.
2. Assess Toru Dutt's literary output in English with reference to either her translations or her poetry.
3. From a reading of Bankim’s Rajmohun’s Wife, what do you think 'transgression' implies? Does Matangini transgress in that sense? Elucidate.
4. Critically examine the role of English Literature in English Language Teaching.
5. How does Ngugi Wa Thiong'o advocate 'decolonisation' of the mind with reference to African literature?
IGNOU MEG-10 (July 2022 - January 2023) Assignment Questions
1. Would you agree that the social reform movements in India contributed to the institutionalisation of English studies? Discuss.
2. Why do you think Michael Madhusudan Dutt stopped writing in English and started writing in Bengali midway through his career as a writer?
3. Explain the term 'exploding the canonˊ. Critically analyse what the term means.
4. What is the importance of a Dalit Consciousness' in Dalit writings? Explain with examples.
5. Examine Said’s definition of Orientalism. Do you find any flaws, or loop holes, in his argument? DiscussBuy MEG-10 Assignment
MEG-10 Previous Years Question Papers