#1 Best Selling IGNOU Assignments in All Available in Market
Bought By: 3394 Students
Get IGNOU MEG-04 Assigment Soft Copy ready for Download in PDF for (July 2022 - January 2023) in English Language.
Are you looking to download a PDF soft copy of the Solved Assignment MEG-04 - Aspects of Language? Then GullyBaba is the right place for you. We have the Assignment available in English language.
This particular Assignment references the syllabus chosen for the subject of English, for the July 2022 - January 2023 session. The code for the assignment is MEG-04 and it is often used by students who are enrolled in the MA Degree.
Once students have paid for the Assignment, they can Instantly Download to their PC, Laptop or Mobile Devices in soft copy as a PDF format. After studying the contents of this Assignment, students will have a better grasp of the subject and will be able to prepare for their upcoming tests.
1. Write short notes on the following:
(ii) Langue and Parole
2. Discuss the description and classification of Consonants and Vowels.
3. Why is language planning essential in any country? What are the factors which influence language planning?
4. Do you agree with the ‘one language: one community’ theory? What other factors, apart from language, may determine one’s identification with a speech community?
5. What do you think is the role of English vis-à-vis the Indian languages in modern India?
Answer all questions. All questions carry equal marks.
1. Write short notes on the following:
i Langue and parole
ii Types of Negation and its interaction with Scope
iii Code mixing vs code switching
iv Generative grammar
2. Languages enrich and evolve through borrowings. Discuss the various borrowings in English language by giving examples.
3. How is inflectional morphology different from derivational morphology? Discuss by giving examples.
4. Discuss case, thematic roles and theta theory by citing relevant examples?
5. Fill in the blank spaces in the following sentences:
1. A consonant during the articulation of which the vocal cords vibrate is called a ________________ consonant.
2. A consonant during the articulation of which there is no velic opening or the oral cavity is closed then it is called a ____________________ consonant.
3. The difference between a plosive and an affricate is that during the articulation of plosives the release of air is __________________ and during the articulation of affricates the release is __________________.
4. Allophones are __________________of the same __________________.
5. Vowels are more _________________ than consonants. There is little or no __________________in the production of vowels.
6. ________________ is a sound which is present in your mother tongue but not in English. (use IPA to indicate the sound)
7. __________ is a voiceless bilabial plosive and ___________ is a voiced alveolar lateral phoneme in English. (use IPA to indicate the phoneme)
8. A speech sound which patterns like a consonant but is phonetically a brief vowel such as /w/ in win is called a _____________.
9. Fricatives are produced by a ________________ in the vocal tract so as to ______________.
10. The _______________ vowels serve as points of reference for identifying real vowels in actual languages
The IGNOU open learning format requires students to submit study Assignments. Here is the final end date of the submission of this particular assignment according to the university calendar.
Here are the PDF files that you can Download for this Assignment. You can pick the language of your choice and see other relevant information such as the Session, File Size and Format.
In this section you can find other relevant information related to the Assignment you are looking at. It will give you an idea of what to expect when downloading a PDF soft copy from GullyBaba.
In addition to this Assignment, there are also other Assignments related to the MA English you are preparing for. Here we have listed other Assignments that were bought along with this one.