#1 Best Selling IGNOU Assignments in All Available in Market
Bought By: 5330 Students
Get IGNOU MEG-01 Assigment Soft Copy ready for Download in PDF for (July 2022 - January 2023) in English Language.
Are you looking to download a PDF soft copy of the Solved Assignment MEG-01 - British Poetry? Then GullyBaba is the right place for you. We have the Assignment available in English language.
This particular Assignment references the syllabus chosen for the subject of English, for the July 2022 - January 2023 session. The code for the assignment is MEG-01 and it is often used by students who are enrolled in the MA Degree.
Once students have paid for the Assignment, they can Instantly Download to their PC, Laptop or Mobile Devices in soft copy as a PDF format. After studying the contents of this Assignment, students will have a better grasp of the subject and will be able to prepare for their upcoming tests.
1. Explain any two of the excerpts of poems given below with reference to their context:
(i) But hail thou Goddes, sage and holy,
Hail divinest Melancholy,
Whose Saintly visage is too bright
To hit the Sense of human sight;
And therefore to our weaker view,
Ore laid with black staid wisdoms hue.
(ii) My love is now awake out of her dreams (s),
and her fayre eyes like stars that dimmed were
With darksome cloud, now shew theyr goodly beams
More bright then Hesperus his head doth rere.
(ii) All human things are subject to decay,
And when Fate summons monarchs must obey.
This Fleckonoe found, who, like Augustus, young
Was called to Empire and had governed long;
(iv) Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer,
And without sneering, teach the rest to sneer;
Willing to wound, and yet afraid to strike
2. Draw a ccomparison between the Epithalamion and the Prothalamion as wedding songs. Answer with suitable examples.
3. Who were the Pre- Raphaelites and what were the characteristics of the movement? Critically appreciate any one poem of this age/movement.
4. What attitude to Nature does Coleridge express in the Ode to Dejection? In what ways does this attitude differ from that of Wordsworth and from his own earlier attitude?
5. What was the Reformation? What relations can you identify and trace between the Renaissance and the Reformation.
6. Philip Larkin has been called an ‘uncommon poet of common man’. Would you agree? Explain with suitable examples.
1. Explain with critical comments any two of the following passages with reference to their contexts:
(a) Where was heard the mingled measure
From the fountain and the caves.
It was a miracle of rare device,
A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!
(b) We sat grown quiet at the name of love; We saw the last embers of daylight die,
And in the trembling blue-green of the sky, A moon, worn as if it had been a shell
Washed by time's waters as they rose and fell, About the stars and broke in days and
(c) Weep no more, woful shepherds, weep no more, For Lycidas your sorrow is not dead,
Sunk though he be beneath the watery floor. So sinks the day-star in the ocean bed,
And yet anon repairs his drooping head, And tricks his beams and with new spangled
Flames in the forehead of the morning sky: So Lycidas sunk low, but mounted high,
Through the dear might of him that walk'd the waves.
(d) When the stars threw down their spears,
And water'd heaven with their tears,
Did he smile his work to see
Did he who made the Lamb make thee?
2. Write a critical note on Chancer's art of portraiture in The General Prologue.
3. Consider Herbert as a religious poet.
4. Comment on the opposition of art and life and youth and old age in 'Sailing to Byzantium'.
5. Comment on the themes of death and suicide in the poetry of Sylvia Plath.
The IGNOU open learning format requires students to submit study Assignments. Here is the final end date of the submission of this particular assignment according to the university calendar.
Here are the PDF files that you can Download for this Assignment. You can pick the language of your choice and see other relevant information such as the Session, File Size and Format.
In this section you can find other relevant information related to the Assignment you are looking at. It will give you an idea of what to expect when downloading a PDF soft copy from GullyBaba.
In addition to this Assignment, there are also other Assignments related to the MA English you are preparing for. Here we have listed other Assignments that were bought along with this one.