This course aims at creating an overall awareness and training on Consumer Affairs with special emphasis on Consumer Protection. After completing this programme, the learner can work as a consumer activist in the industrial sector, with NGOs and government departments on consumer affairs. The Maximum duration of this Course is two years and the minimum is six months.
Objectives of the Synopsis and Project Report at IGNOU CPIP 104 (Certificate in Consumer Protection) Level
Within this framework, Synopsis and Project Report Work of CPIP 104 (Certificate in Consumer Protection), the following specific objectives to enable a learner to:
- Identify and formulate research problems
- Write a good research proposal
- Identify and use appropriate research design
- Conduct scientific investigation in a systematic way
- Collect and analyze the data
- Learn to use appropriate statistical methods
- Who Can Be the Guide/Supervisor for IGNOU CPIP 104 (Certificate in Consumer Protection) Synopsis and Project Report(The learner will require a Guide/Supervisor for carrying out the Project)
The eligibility criteria to be a Guide/Supervisor are as follows:
- a)From Study Centre/ Regional Centre/ otherwise direct can from Maidan Garhi also.
- b)Phil/PhD. in Consumer Protection with a minimum of two years Undergraduate/Post Graduate teaching experience Or
- c)Master’s Degree in Consumer Protection with a minimum of two years’ experience at Post Graduate level Or
- d)Master’s Degree in Consumer Protection with a minimum of five years of teaching experience at the Undergraduate level.
- The student while submitting the synopsis should also submit the bio-data of the supervisor, duly signed by the supervisor (Refer to Appendix-I).
- The learner will submit the synopsis along with the bio-data of the supervisor (wherever it is required), at the Study Centre/Regional Centre.
- The Study Centre/Regional Centre will then send these synopses to the Discipline of Tourism Management, IGNOU, New Delhi for necessary approval.
- There will be remuneration to the Supervisor/Guide for guiding each project. He/she can claim Project Guidance remuneration using a Pro forma (Appendix-II), after the final submission of the project/dissertation of the learners at the Regional Centre.