NIOS D.El.Ed. Programme Important Tips & Information
About the Programme
Diploma in Elementary Education (D.El.Ed.) programme is a specifically designed package for inservice untrained teachers working in primary/ upper primary schools of different states of the country. The programme has been developed by the Academic Department, NIOS on the initiative of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India, keeping in view the NCF 2005, RTE 2009 and NCFTE 2010. The Programme aims at enabling the target group to develop in them skills, competencies, attitudes and understanding to make teaching and learning more effective.
The basic principles on which the programme is structured is based on the functions a teacher is expected to perform at the elementary schools, be it engaging in the classroom processes, mobilizing the community, participation in the corporate life of the school, or implementing the whole school development plan. Accordingly, the programme structure is evolved as presented below:
Objectives of the Programme
The objectives of the Programme are to :
1. enable the teachers to understand and address diversity in their context;
2. empower them to improve quality of classroom processes/transaction;
3. develop capacity in them to promote child friendly, child centered processes in school;
4. familiarize them with appropriate teaching learning processes;
5. facilitate them to develop leadership & problem solving skills among children;
6. sensitize them to contribute towards safeguarding child rights.
Target Group & Eligibility Conditions
Teachers working at Elementary level (Classes I-VIII) having Sr. Secondary Qualification (or its equivalent) with at least 50 percent marks in aggregate and B.A./B. Sc. Qualification will be eligible for admission into the course. For SC/ST/OBC candidates a relaxation of 5 percent marks is allowed. State sponsorship is mandatory.
The Minimum duration of the programme is Two years. However, the registration of a learner to the programme shall be valid for a period of maximum three years.
Medium of Instruction : English/Hindi
NIOS D.El.Ed. Registration