IGNOU PHE-16 January 2019 - December 2019 - Solved Assignment
Are you looking to download a PDF soft copy of the Solved Assignment PHE-16 - Communication Physics? Then GullyBaba is the right place for you. We have the Assignment available in English language.
This particular Assignment references the syllabus chosen for the subject of Physics, for the January 2019 - December 2019 session. The code for the assignment is PHE-16 and it is often used by students who are enrolled in the B.Sc. Degree.
Once students have paid for the Assignment, they can Instantly Download to their PC, Laptop or Mobile Devices in soft copy as a PDF format. After studying the contents of this Assignment, students will have a better grasp of the subject and will be able to prepare for their upcoming tests.
IGNOU PHE-16 (January 2019 - December 2019) Assignment Questions
- State with reasons whether the following statements are True or False.
i) Rastering converts serial signal into parallel to provide ease of communication.
ii) Line-of-sight communication is best used at visible light frequencies.
iii) Partition noise is more in diodes than transistors.
iv) The original signal can never be reproduced at the receiver end when frequency modulation technique is used.
v) GSM is a spread spectrum technology.
vi) Flat screen displays allowed advent of HDTV.
vii) Uplink frequency in satellite communication is higher than downlink frequency.
viii) Compilers are higher language specific.
ix) Bus topology is the most rugged topology.
x) Blue tooth technology is useful for mobile phones only.
- a) A metal has 9, r 7 10 , 1 rad s 15 p 2 10 s . 12 1 Calculate the skin depth for microwave of 4 cm vacuum wavelength.
b) Explain how signal losses and noise is reduced in case of twisted pair and coaxial cables.
- Describe the 5 common sources of noise in communication system and explain the ways to reduce each of them.
- a) A modulator circuit contains carrier frequency generator but the demodulator does not require it. Explain by taking any one example.
b) Explain, how IC555 timer can be used for recovering a pulse width modulated signal from pulse position modulated signal?
- a) Describe the various multiplexing techniques used for switching in telephony.
b) Depict the digital signal 1011001110 in (i) Manchester code and (ii) bipolar RZ format.
- a) Explain the factors playing important role in the choice of intermediate frequency (IF) in radio communication.
b) Explain the structure of a CCD camera. How are colour signals obtained using a CCD camera?
- a) Explain with the help of appropriate diagrams the difference between a microware circulator and directional coupler.
b) Calculate the critical angle, numerical aperture and acceptance angle for a silica fibre in air with core refractive index 1.53 and cladding refractive index 1.47.
- a) Explain with examples the difference between system software and application software.
b) Distinguish between a hub and a switch in the computer network.
- a) Compare the circuit switching and packet switching used for data forwarding in computers.
b) Describe WAP architectures.
PHE-16 Assignment Details
IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University)
January 2019 - December 2019
Core Courses (CC)
Gullybaba Publishing House Pvt. Ltd.
Assignment Submission End Date
The IGNOU open learning format requires students to submit study Assignments. Here is the final end date of the submission of this particular assignment according to the university calendar.
- 15th July 2021 (if Enrolled in the July 2020 Session)
- 30th Sept. 2021 (if Enrolled in the January 2021 Session).
Download Files & Sessions Details
Here are the PDF files that you can Download for this Assignment. You can pick the language of your choice and see other relevant information such as the Session, File Size and Format.
- January 2019 - December 2019
16 Pages (0.00 ), PDF Format
In this section you can find other relevant information related to the Assignment you are looking at. It will give you an idea of what to expect when downloading a PDF soft copy from GullyBaba.
- All Solved Answers By IGNOU Experts.
- Available for 5 Times for Download.
- Downloadable Soft Copy in PDF.
- Print Ready Format: A4 (21 x 29 x .20 cm (Width x Length x Height)
Customers Also Bought
In addition to this Assignment, there are also other Assignments related to the B.Sc. Physics you are preparing for. Here we have listed other Assignments that were bought along with this one.