#1 Best Selling IGNOU Assignments in All Available in Market
Bought By: 3057 Students
Get IGNOU MEG-08 Assigment Soft Copy ready for Download in PDF for (July 2022 - January 2023) in English Language.
Are you looking to download a PDF soft copy of the Solved Assignment MEG-08 - New Literature in English? Then GullyBaba is the right place for you. We have the Assignment available in English language.
This particular Assignment references the syllabus chosen for the subject of English, for the July 2022 - January 2023 session. The code for the assignment is MEG-08 and it is often used by students who are enrolled in the MA Degree.
Once students have paid for the Assignment, they can Instantly Download to their PC, Laptop or Mobile Devices in soft copy as a PDF format. After studying the contents of this Assignment, students will have a better grasp of the subject and will be able to prepare for their upcoming tests.
1. Canada’s literary enterprise has passed through many stages. Discuss its journey and the impacts that have helped Canada to evolve its own literary traditions and identity.
2. Write a detailed note to show how the literatures in English, emerging from South Asia, reflect the colonial encounter.
3. Through his novel, A Grain of Wheat, Ngugi presents his views about the British colonial rule in Kenya. Discuss with examples from the text.
4. Soyinka believed that an artist should not live in an ivory tower and instead should write works which were socially relevant. Discuss how A Dance of the Forests reflect his social concerns.
5. Ice-Candy Man highlights feminist concerns. Elucidate the role played by the major female characters of the novel.
6. A House for Mr. Biswas is a chronicle of socio-political changes vis-à-vis Trinidad society. Discuss with examples from the text.
7. Language is an effective tool for exerting control and battles can be fought on the linguistic terrain. Discuss this with reference to the Caribbean colonization.
8. Critically analyse the poem ‘Ananse’ by Edward Brathwaite.
9. Write a detailed note on myth, symbol and allegory present in The Solid Mandala.
10. Discuss The Stone Angel as a novel of awakening citing examples from the text.
Attempt all the ten questions and answer each question in approximately 500 words.
1. The colonial educational system was inadequate for the creation of a national consciousness, with regard to the Caribbean identity. Do you agree? Give reasons for your answer.
2. What are the geographical and socio-political contexts that have shaped the literature of Australia?
3. There is a definite relationship between history and literature. Keeping this in mind analyse A Grain of Wheat as a complex portrayal of history.
4. Analyse A Dance of the Forests vis-à-vis the Nigerian independence; the relation of tradition to history; and the relation of the artist to politics.
5. Analyse Ice-Candy Man as a novel of Partition.
6. What is the significance of the title A House for Mr. Biswas? Give a detailed answer.
7. Attempt a critical analysis of the poem ‘Names’ by Derek Walcott.
8. Critically analyse the poem ‘Angel/Engine’ by Edward Brathwaite.
9. The Solid Mandala is a play of dualities. Do you agree? Give reasons for your answer.
10. Attempt a character sketch of Hagar Shipley in the novel The Stone Angel.
The IGNOU open learning format requires students to submit study Assignments. Here is the final end date of the submission of this particular assignment according to the university calendar.
Here are the PDF files that you can Download for this Assignment. You can pick the language of your choice and see other relevant information such as the Session, File Size and Format.
In this section you can find other relevant information related to the Assignment you are looking at. It will give you an idea of what to expect when downloading a PDF soft copy from GullyBaba.
In addition to this Assignment, there are also other Assignments related to the MA English you are preparing for. Here we have listed other Assignments that were bought along with this one.