IGNOU BCHCT-133 July 2019 - June 2020 - Solved Assignment
Are you looking to download a PDF soft copy of the Solved Assignment BCHCT-133 - Chemical Energetics, Equilibria and Functional Group Organic Chemistry-I? Then GullyBaba is the right place for you. We have the Assignment available in English language.
This particular Assignment references the syllabus chosen for the subject of Chemistry, for the July 2019 - June 2020 session. The code for the assignment is BCHCT-133 and it is often used by students who are enrolled in the BSCG, BSC (Honours) Degree.
Once students have paid for the Assignment, they can Instantly Download to their PC, Laptop or Mobile Devices in soft copy as a PDF format. After studying the contents of this Assignment, students will have a better grasp of the subject and will be able to prepare for their upcoming tests.
IGNOU BCHCT-133 (July 2019 - June 2020) Assignment Questions
- a) Define and explain a thermodynamically reversible process.
b) 0.25 mol of an ideal monoatomic gas undergoes isothermal expansion from a volume of 2.0 dm3 to 10 dm3 at 27 oC. Calculate the maximum work that can be obtained from this process.
- a) Define standard enthalpy of formation and describe a method for its direct determination with the help of an example.
b) Differentiate between enthalpy driven and entropy driven reactions with the help of suitable examples.
- a) Give the statements of Zeroth, First, Second and the Third laws of thermodynamics and outline their significance.
b) What is reaction quotient and how is it helpful in determining the direction of a given reaction?
- a) In the following equilibrium, predict the direction of shift of equilibrium for each condition listed below:
i) Addition of H2
ii) increased pressure
iii) lowering of temperature.
b) Define degree of ionisation of a weak electrolyte and discuss the factors affecting it.
- a) Explain the effect of common ions on the ionisation equilibria of weak acids with the help of a suitable example.
b) Define solubility product constant and derive the relationships between solubility and solubility product constants for salts of AB2, A2B types.
- a) List various methods of preparation of benzene and also write one chemical reaction for each case.
b) Write the mechanism of Friedel-Craft’s alkylation. What are its limitations?
- a) Explain why Nitro group is meta-directing deactivator?
b) Which one of the following would undergo faster SN2 reaction? Explain
- a) In normal reaction conditions, chlorobenzene does not react with NaOH, but 1-chloro-4-nitrobenzene reacts with NaOH in these conditions. Explain.
b) Write the chemical equation and mechanism of pinacol-pinacolone rearrangement.
- a) How will you perform following conversions?
i) Phenol to p-bromophenol
ii) 1,3-dihydroxyphenol to 1-(2,4-dihydroxyphenyl)ethanal
b) How will you prepare tert-butylmethyl ether?
- a) Arrange the following carbonyl compounds in the order of their favourability for formation of nitriles:
Justify your answer.
b) Taking suitable example write the mechanism of Mannich reaction.
BCHCT-133 Assignment Details
IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University)
Chemical Energetics, Equilibria and Functional Group Organic Chemistry-I
July 2019 - June 2020
BSCG, BSC (Honours)
Core Courses (CC)
Gullybaba Publishing House Pvt. Ltd.
Assignment Submission End Date
The IGNOU open learning format requires students to submit study Assignments. Here is the final end date of the submission of this particular assignment according to the university calendar.
- 15th July 2021 (if Enrolled in the July 2020 Session)
- 30th Sept. 2021 (if Enrolled in the January 2021 Session).
Download Files & Sessions Details
Here are the PDF files that you can Download for this Assignment. You can pick the language of your choice and see other relevant information such as the Session, File Size and Format.
- July 2019 - June 2020
61 Pages (0.00 ), PDF Format
In this section you can find other relevant information related to the Assignment you are looking at. It will give you an idea of what to expect when downloading a PDF soft copy from GullyBaba.
- All Solved Answers By IGNOU Experts.
- Available for 5 Times for Download.
- Downloadable Soft Copy in PDF.
- Print Ready Format: A4 (21 x 29 x .20 cm (Width x Length x Height)
Customers Also Bought
In addition to this Assignment, there are also other Assignments related to the BSC (Honours) Chemistry you are preparing for. Here we have listed other Assignments that were bought along with this one.