The employees of today want to know as to how to manage time with job. Understandably so, because they have to be on their toes every hour of the day and every minute of the hour to get the things accomplished. The common challenge before the employees of today is to do more in less time and that too with limited resource. If you are caught off guard, you can be replaced on a moment’s notice. In addition to the work pressure in office, there is personal/family life also. And most of the workers of today find it quite difficult to maintain a work-life balance.
In the lines of Michael Altshuler, “The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’are the pilot.” Yes, indeed. If you are struggling in striking a balance between your work-life balance and hence want to know as to how to manage your time with job, read this blog till the end. Given below are some of the tips that will help you breathe easily no matter how busy your work-schedule is:
- Always feel you have enough time: You need not clutter your mind with the paucity of time. In the words of H. Jackson Brown Jr. , “Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Hellen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson and Albert Einstein.” If you ever struggle to find some moments of ease, probably you do not know the time management tips for workers. The following headings will have some of these.
- Be an Early Bird: There are two kinds of people who work hard—early birds and night owls. But, there are very convincing reasons to believe that the former is better than the latter. There happens to be less distraction in the wee hours and you can utilize the quite few hours to plan better and hence become more productive for your work. Even if you are a student and hence want to know as to how to manage time effectively for students, this heading will serve your purpose. This is in fact one of the most effective time management tips for both students and employees.
- Be Pragmatic, Not Robotic: Those who are in job, like to squeeze as many tasks as they can in a single day. But, the need is to be pragmatic, not robotic. If you want to know as to how to manage your time wisely, this is the point you will have to take to your heart and implement from the very next moment after you finish reading this blog. You need to do only the important things at first place and then take some time to relax, to spend some quality time with your loved ones, with yourself. Mind, you need not go to bed dog tired.
- Be Mindful of your TV Time: This is a common problem among the employees. They tend to be unmindful of when they had started watching television and they need to switch it off as so many important things are in “to-do” list. The net savvy employees of today also waste hours browsing Social Media Sites. Wasting too much time on TV/Social Media Sites proves to be the biggest drain on their productivity. If you want to know as to how to manage your time effectively, be conscientious of the amount of your Internet/TV time.
- Utilize your week-end: There is almost a common phenomenon among the employees of today: They tend to squander time on their week-ends and keep on complaining: “please suggest some one the pill that can remove my time crunch”. If you want to know about the effective time management strategies, utilizing your week-ends should be your top priority. Do not be a whiner, be a winner.
It is important to note here that the above-mentioned tips include but not limited to the tips that are important to know as to how to manage time with job.