MS-64: INTERNATIONAL MARKETING
Note : Attempt any six questions and submit this assignment on or before 30 th April, 2013 to the coordinator of your study center.
1. You are the marketing head of newly opened international division of a leading domestic company manufacturing home appliances. Suggest various factors that you will keep in mind while finalizing the international markets for your product.
2. Explain the difference between ethnocentric, polycentric, regiocentric and geocentric orientations. How do these orientations affect international marketing practices?
3. ‘Cultural diversities across countries impact the marketing strategies of an international marketer’. Justify the statement by giving suitable examples.
4. You are an entrepreneur manufacturing food products such as jam, squash and pickles etc. After gaining good response from local markets, you want to expand your operations in foreign markets. Identify the organizations you would approach that can facilitate your export efforts. Briefly explain the support you are likely to get from these organizations.
5. Explain the concept of transfer pricing. What are its implications in international marketing?
6. Discuss the challenges faced by an international marketer while implementing his/her advertising campaign across international markets. Give suitable examples in support of your answer.
7. Your company has received an export order. Discuss the steps that you would take to execute the export order. (You may select any product and country of your choice)