MS-53 : PRODUCTION / OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT
Note : Attempt all the questions and submit this assignment on or before 30 th April, 2013 to the coordinator of your study center.
1. Explain the common principles on quality amongst the theory of Deming, Juran, Crosby and Baldridge criteria.
2. Explain the importance of forecasting in Production Management. Briefly discuss the various methods of forecasting.
3. Compare the manual and quantitative models for process Layout design. What are the advantages of each kind of model?
4. Define Aggregate Planning. Explain its managerial importance. How it is different than scheduling?
5. Outline the purpose of MRP and explain how an MRP System can achieve these purposes.
6. Write short notes on:
A) Group Technology and Cellular Manufacturing
B) Just-in-Time manufacturing system
C) Role of computers in Production/Operations Management.