MS-27 Wage and Salary Administration
Note: Answer all the questions and send them to the Coordinator of the Study Centre you are attached with.
- 1. Explain the role and structure of compensation. Describe how the compensation functions and responsibilities are being carried out in any organisation you are familiar with. Briefly describe the organisation you are referring to.
- 2. Explain the constitutional perspective on wages. Describe the norms for fixation of wages of any organisation you are aware of. What is the role played by the International Labour Organisation on wage fixing machinery?
- 3. Define job evaluation. Discuss the objectives and procedure of job-evaluation. Describe the methods and systems of job-evaluation in any organisation you are familiar with. How job-evaluation is linked with wage fixation, explain with suitable examples.
- 4. Define and discuss the meaning and classification of incentives. Describe the various incentive systems which have been followed in any organisation you are familiar with. Discuss the merits and demerits of the incentive systems.
- 5. Explain the concept of tax planning. Describe the tax planning for employee compensation of any organisation you are familiar with. What is the distinction between tax planning and tax avoidance?