MS-09 - MANAGERIAL ECONOMICS
Note : Attempt all the questions and submit this assignment on or before 30 th April, 2013 to the coordinator of your study center.
1. “The Opportunity Cost of a product is the return that can be had from the next best alterative use.” Explain this statement using Production Possibility Curve.
2. Define demand function and explain the impact of price of complements and price of substitutes on demand function.
3. Compare and contrast Economies of Scale and Economies of Scope. Explain why it is important for managers to understand Economies of Scale.
4. Consider a monopolist facing the following demand and cost curves.
P = 50 - 2Q C = 25+10Q
(Hint: Total demand at any point P will be the summation of two quantities)
Suppose the firm is able to separate its customers in two distinct markets with the following demand functions.
P 1 = 40 - 2.5Q 1 P 2 = 90 - 10Q 2
From the above equation calculate the following:
i) Total demand
ii) Marginal Revenue
iii) Marginal Cost
- 5. Do you think Monopoly is undesirable? Take any real life example of monopoly in India and state its advantages and disadvantages.