MS-08 - Quantitative Analysis for Managerial Applications
Note : Attempt all the questions and submit this assignment on or before 30 th April, 2013 to the coordinator of your study center.
- 1. A sum of `8550 is to be paid in 15 installments where each installment is `10 more than the previous installment. Find the first installment and the last installment.
- 2. A salesman is known to sell a product in 3 out of 5 attempts. While another salesman in 2 out of 5 attempts. Find the probability that
- A) No sales will happen
- B) Either of them will succeed in selling the product
- 3. A hundred squash balls are tested by dropping from a height of 100 inches and measuring the height of the bounce. A ball is “fast” if it rises above 32 inches. The average height of bounce was 30 inches and the standard deviation was ¾ inches. What is the chance of getting a “fast” standard ball?
- 4. Explain the chi-square testing- (i) as a test for independence of attributes, and (ii) as a test for goodness of fit.